Sunday, June 1, 2008

Gallery Hop

Short post, but picture previews!

Amanda and I went to 4 galleries here in London yesterday. The National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery, the Photographer's Gallery and the Victoria & Albert Museum. It was so overwhelming seeing amazing works of art. Tomorrow we'll visit the Tate Modern with the group as a part of our site study trip, which I'm very excited about. Today was spent getting started on the 10 papers I have due this week. Also, I have a novel to start, finish and write a paper on by wednesday. Amanda, Laura and I spent about 5 hours at our favourite pub, the Duke of York writing papers.

The weekend went very quickly and was productive, yet I'm still not ahead. Friday we went back down to covent gardens and found a cool place to hang out with everyone. Last night was a good old fashioned dance party in our flat, then ended with some good conversation with friends -- and we finally got music to play on our speakers!

If you want postcards, please e-mail me your address to hopkins.hillary@gmail.com

And mom & terry, I got the email and I'll answer the questions ASAP - they're good ones, keep 'em comin! I love all you Yanks!

Here are some obligatory shots of the last few days:

Mind the Gap!

My Flatmates on the tube

On Millennium Bridge going to the Globe

Tower Bridge from the Ferry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear about the galleries and the museum. I bet the Tate will be super, too. Good luck with the ten papers. At least you have a stimulating atmosphere in which to write. Love, Mom and Terry

Anonymous said...

Dear sister,
I hope spending 5 hours at the pub "writing papers" was time well spent. I love you very much, and in your honor tonight, we oakwood kids will Get Strong!

Love,
lil' lizard