Saturday, May 17, 2008

10 Random Things I Learned in Texas

  1. Reading 3 novels on vacation is an unrealistic goal
  2. Traveling alone is surprisingly fun
  3. Everything really is bigger in Texas
  4. While taking long, indulgent showers is nice at times, it's even more pointless in Texas
  5. Seeing a rainbow still makes me just as happy as it did when I was a kid
  6. Being sick isn't half as bad when your best friend is down and out with you
  7. Veggie hot dogs are the shit
  8. Southern hospitality isn't a complete myth, but neither is racism
  9. Courtney can in fact, make a good spaghetti dinner
  10. Strangers fascinate me
The flight home was great. I couldn't stop looking out of the window as if it were my first time flying. At night when the clouds cleared, I could see the cities. The masses of light lined up looked like the pac-dots that pac-man has to eat as he goes through the maze.

3 days until London!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back home-for a little while. Mom and Terry

Anonymous said...

i love you! i also gave the link to mi madre, so she'll be keeping up with you as well. :)

-em

Nick said...

I also learned that showers are pointless in India. Especially because the showers I take consist of me dumping room temperature water in a small bucket over my body.

Awesome.